The Bear Lake Water Company could have contaminated water as a result of cross connection to sprinkler system.
The water company received notice of a bad water sample taken in the Golf Course area. We feel that we found the problem. The home where the sample was taken had a sprinkler system hooked to their home water supply without a back-flow device. We are required to issue this order by The State DOW. The problem seems to be only at this one house but please do not take a chance and boil your water. We will resolve this as soon as possible. Thank you for your help in this matter. It takes at least 24 hours to get results from the samples. Until samples can confirm the status of the water quality you are advised to boil the water before using.

This is just an advisory, not an order. A boil order is when there are confirmed results for E.coli in the system. We have not had any positive samples for coliform bacteria.
What should I do?
WE ADVISE THAT YOU BOIL THE WATER BEFORE USING. Bring all water to a boil, let it boil for one minute, and let it cool before using, or use bottled water. Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, brushing teeth, washing dishes, and food preparation. Boiling kills bacteria and other organisms in the water.

People at increased risk should seek advice about drinking water from their health care providers.

We will inform you when tests show no bacteria and you are no longer advised to boil your water. We anticipate resolving the problem as soon as possible.

For more information, please contact Steve Hislop 435-881-3166 General guidelines on ways to lessen the risk of infection by microbes are available from the EPA Safe Drinking Water Hotline at 1(800) 426-4791. The Utah Division of Drinking Water is available for consumer questions at 801-536-4986.

Please share this information with all the other people who drink this water, especially those who may not have received this notice directly (for example, people in apartments, nursing homes, schools, and businesses). You can do this by posting this notice in a public place or distributing copies by hand or mail.